Sunday 14 July 2013

Birthday Celebrations

Table decorations

Gotta love red lipstick - sharing my birthday with Garry.






Our first day out of Sydney also happened to be my birthday which I share with Bastille Day, the French national day – or they share with me – not sure which – and so my table buddies decided to dress ‘French style’ for dinner with striped shirts, neck scarfs and berets – except for Ray who turned up wearing a frog hat !!!!

 I was really spoiled –a beautiful necklace from my DH, flowers, lovely gifts, cards, well wishes and of course the best gift of all – lots of friendship, laughter and good times ….. the pictures tell the story.

Garry also had his birthday last week – so we shared the celebration. Princess supplied a delicious Chocolate Ganache cake – one for Garry and one for me, and the waiters gathered around to sing "happy birthday".. Since dessert was already served by the time the cake arrived – it was duly wrapped up in foil by our head waiter and taken back to the cabin to be enjoyed later.

We went off to the show and when we returned – there on the desk in our stateroom was another cake and card from the Captain…. Chocolate overload …. but a fabulous day.

 I went to bed counting my good fortune to be lucky enough to be sailing on this beautiful ship with these wonderful friends yet again.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had lots of fun celebrating your birthday Ros! ...and that cake sounds heavenly. Hope you got to practise your francais on the rest of the Cruise Nomads, mon amie... Your outfits look great..or do you always dress like that? :-)

    ReplyDelete